Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, May 11, 2006

5/10/06: Polo Grounds Run!

Tonight was the weekly SMART run, where we opted to run to the Polo Grounds-my favorite Houston run. It was a great run and everything I hoped it would be: good conversations with Striders Loren and Bill , mostly empty running trails and even a glimpse of the Polo players on their horses! I could seriously run this run every day…but running it only one time a week makes it more enjoyable and scenic. After the fact, we enjoyed salty snacks and I got some advice on increasing my leg turnover from our faster Striders....thank you!

In other running related news, the Strider’s meeting was last night at Champ’s restaurant in the Uptown Park. This was a welcome change for me from our usual Chinese buffet venue…except it was overly crowded and loud…I don’t do very good with large crowd (I get claustrophobic) which is funny, considering that aren’t all races crowded at the start?! and it never affects me, lol. Oh well, it was a good meeting and it was nice to see the members of the club I don’t normally see.

The STATS:

about 6 miles
50:44 mins total running

27:25 there
23:19 back

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid and warm…lower 80s?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home