Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

4/3/06: 12 Miles at the Park During the Week…

I normally dislike doing long runs during the week…they take a lot out of me and I feel like it takes me twice as long to recover from one then if I ran on the weekends, I don’t know. Anyhow, got in 12 steamy hot miles. My tech shirt was sweat-soaked by about 5 miles into the run. Never a good sign. I also stopped for water about once every 3 miles.

My knees were a little sore and I had some cramping issues, but other then that, I felt like I handled the humid and hot weather fine. It’s going to be a hot summer, I get this feeling, so I better adjust to the heat as soon as possible. Eager about the race this weekend…hoping to PR but we will have to see how the rest of the week goes.

The STATS:
12 miles
1:54.24 total running

ave. 9:32/mile
no mile splits today…

Heart-rate: 170 ave, 211 max.
Weather: humid, hot. Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home