Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

4/17/06: 13 Slow Miles by/around my House.

I am not going to lie...I am not very happy about this run, other then being happy I got it done. Mostly, it was hot. I carried my own water but I ran out after about 10 miles...Also, I got bad stomach cramps around that time too. And finally...I just hurt everywhere in my lower body. The last three miles were brutal. I walked more then I ran. I was sad and I wanted to give up every step I took.

I am not proud of this run. It's one I want to bury in my running journal. But I didn't. Why? Because, most importantly, I finished. I didn't give up. This ran taught me humility and how to perservere. Those are two fantastic things to know and learn, running or in life. I hope I have more runs like this, simply because they make me a stronger runner and person.

The STATS:

about 13 miles
2:25:59 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid. 70's.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home