Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, April 13, 2006

4/12/06: Track Ladders at the Park!

This is probably one of least favorite track workouts. #1: It FEELS long. #2: it’s hard for me to focus through each of the reps. #3: I was still tired from my last two days of running. Coach Steeeeve gave me the ‘kudos’ for 3 consecutive days of hard running though. But…urggh, it’s too much for me I think. Right now, anyhow…I don’t know. I definetly need to recover smartly in the next week or so.

Anyhow, I am happy that I made it out to this workout. Yes, my heart wasn’t into it, but I still pushed every rep like I wasn’t the least bit fatigued. I had to run hard…because I can’t do the track the injustice of just ‘half-assing’ it. (You tracksters know what I mean).

The workout tonight? I scaled it down to only 4 miles (well, it should have been 5-6, but I took the extra time to stretch well since I was so sore from the previous day). ½ mile warmup, then all at slightly faster then 5k pace: 400m, 200 rec, 800m, 400m rec, 1200m, 400m rec, 800m, 400m rec, 400m, and ½ mile cooldown.

Although I don’t have any of my splits (stupid girl at the office reset my watch!!!) I do remember that I faired well on all segments…under 2:00m (1:58?) on first 400m, under 4:00m (3:59?) on the first 800m, and my last 400m was 1:47. I was pleased with my efforts, although still not 100% happy with the workout. I think I really just need a few days to recover, clear my head, maybe bike…arghh. No watch…just motion…Anyone ever felt this way?

On the soon-to-be future horizon: 3 slow miles Friday, 13 miles (EKK!) on Sunday, 6 miles Monday and 4 more at some point next week, up in Dayton, OH. This will probably be my last update til…next Sunday or Monday, April 24. Business traveling calls! Don’t miss me too much…and don’t worry, I’ll drink a margarita for everyone:)

The STATS:
about 4 miles

37:32 total running

Heart-rate: 174 ave/197 max

Weather: humid. 70’s again. arghh to summer.

5 Comments:

  • Great job. I usually end up getting my best satisfaction on the workouts I really did not want to do, but pushed through them anyway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Apr 13, 04:38:00 PM  

  • Great job, and way to tough it out. The track can be so draining physically and mentally. It's tough, but you did the right thing, and it sounds like the workout was good.

    Now, go have that Margarita for me. :P

    By Blogger Sam, at Fri Apr 14, 09:58:00 AM  

  • Running in Dayton next week should beat here, but we still have better margaritas.

    By Blogger Crosstrain, at Fri Apr 14, 09:36:00 PM  

  • whoa, its been a while since you've updated!! where you at?!

    i'm heading down to Austin this evening, can't wait. hope all's well with ya!

    By Blogger a.maria, at Wed Apr 26, 11:40:00 AM  

  • Hey, it was great meeting you last night. Sorry I couldn't hang around longer to chat! :-)

    Here's my brief MS 150 write-up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Apr 26, 03:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home