Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

3/7/06: Mid-Week 10 Mile Long Run!

After a long and exhausting weekend, I knew there was no way I was going to get in 10 miles. I also know I strongly dislike running my long runs during the week since they tend to really wear me down the rest of the week. However, I ‘sucked it up’ and managed. I actually had a great run, too. Granted, I was just doing loops around the Park, but time flew by soo fast.

The first 40 minutes I listened to music, the next 40 minutes I was ‘just’ thinking, and in the final 10 minutes when I knew I was almost done with my run, my legs started cramping up, lol. I think I can attribute that to me not really stretching well before I began running and not drinking enough water.

Well, Spring is officially here in Texas! Oh, what I wouldn’t do for another day of 50 degree weather!

The STATS:

10 miles
1:35:45 total running

ave 9:10/mile
no splits today-I deleted them:(

Heart-rate: 169 ave, 184 max
Weather: warm and windy, mid 60’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home