Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, March 23, 2006

3/22/06: Hill Workout with the SMARTies at Jackson Hill…

Despite the fact I was fighting a cold and I should have been at home taking care of myself, I still came out for 5 miles with my fellow Striders. It was good to see everyone anyhow and I needed to get in another 5 miles for the week. The plan was to run 2 miles out to the Hill, do 12 hill repeats, and run the 2 miles back.

Since I figured I wasn’t feeling my best, I convinced myself to only do 10 repeats. I didn’t even push myself on them (except the last 2 repeats)--I guess you can say I just went through the motions. Overall, I wasn’t very happy with my efforts. I kinda feel like I didn’t get my ‘moneys worth.’ And sure enough, with the slight amount of disgust that I had about my workout, I had a dream that kept me up half the night…

In my dream, I was racing a 10k…only that I got about 4k’s into it and decided ‘Ehh, I don’t feel like pushing myself today’ and I quit. Yup, that’s right, I QUIT in my dreams. I woke up all pissed off…that’s just NOT me to be like that and quit or not push myself. So I decided right then and there, I can’t force myself to run anymore unless my heart is totally into it.


The STATS:

5 miles
46.21 total running

2 mile wp: 16:02
10x hill repeats (anywhere from .58 to 1:28)
2 mile cd: 17:19

Heart-rate: 168 ave/188 max (too low)
Weather: cool. lower 60’s.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home