Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

2/28/06: 3 Peaceful Miles at Terry Hershey Park.

So after running a little behind (haha!) and not getting to hook-up with the SMARTies and their 60/60 workout (60 seconds at 10k pace and 60 seconds recovery), I ran about 3 very peaceful miles alone on the trails at the park. It was a little dark and the only company I really had was the sound of my feet hitting the asphalt/concrete/wood planks and my breathing. At one point I thought I saw a possum and I dutifully noted I needed to bring a flashlight/headlamp next time I venture out on the out-and-back-trails alone (or at least a blinker so the bikers won’t run me over, lol).

After the peacefulness of the run, I brought my beach towel out and did some CORE workout and a REALLY good stretch and finally caught glimse of Coach Steveeeee and Striders Steve, Miram, Gavin, Chris, Jim, and a few others making a good clip around the TH loop. I guess it worked out that I didn’t run with them, as I think the only one I *might* have been able to keep up with is Jim. Steveeee later pointed out as we were hanging out that everyone running tonight (except Bezner) has qualified for Boston before! How impressive and inspiring is that! And for Bezner-he is certainly next. Give him a year-maybe next Houston:).

It was good to see old friends (some I haven’t seen since the Houston Marathon) and chat like old times. I miss the company of my running friends. Most of them will be participating in spring SMART that starts tomorrow in Memorial Park, although I won’t be able to make it until next week. Looking forward to working my 10k time into the low 50’s this spring and perhaps sub-50 by year’s end! (There, I laid that crazy one out on the table!!!)

The STATS:

about 3 miles (a little short)
25.16 total running

Heart-rate: 173 av/216 max (dumb imagination!)
Weather: cool. Lower 60’s I guess, high humidity.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home