Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2/21/06: I’m Back! 9 Miles at Memorial Park!

Sorry for the break in the blogging and running-as mentioned before I had a trade show this past weekend in San Antonio. Yes, I should have brought my shoes. I didn’t think I would have access to a gym though-I was wrong. My room was right across from the fitness center, lol. Also, I had toyed around with the idea of going out to Austin Sunday morning to support my fellow HRB’s and Houston Striders who would be running the Half and 26.2 out there. In the end, no I didn’t make it out, but as crazy as that day unfolded with all the chip issues, I don’t know that I would have wanted to be there anyhow.

Back to the actual running--I did get in a nice 9 mile run as soon as I got a chance and fully recovered from the craziness of SA. Yes, it was at the Park. But, it felt so good to be back ‘home!’ (The last time I was there at the Park was 2/7!) I saw a few of the MPR’s and we chatted about the Rodeo Run that is this upcoming weekend. Yes, I will be running it as I decided I am going to stay in town as originally I was suppose to go to SA (again!) but I need time to myself and nothing says good times then running and hanging out with friends at the Rodeo cookout and at Mardi Gras-Galveston!

The actual run was uneventful, although it was 100% humidity and I was wearing my glasses so it was kind of hard to see at times, lol. I also had really weird side stitches the first 2 miles. I attribute this to me not having ran in 6 DAYS!! Yikes! But again, I felt great soon afterwards and once I took a Gu at mile 4, the last 4 miles of my run felt fantastic and zipped by! I need to have more runs like this—I felt like I could have ran 3 or 4 more miles at this pace!

In other running related news, I have not decided at this time if I will be participating in PIM this Spring. I already see 2 potential conflicts and I just can’t get out of them at this time, meaning I don’t think I have the time to commit to the program this spring, although I will still be doing my track workouts at the Park Wednesday nights. Oh well, life will go on. I plan to make up my mind by Monday of next week. See you guys Saturday if you are at the Rodeo Run. I will be wearing my dumb orange hat. Not too sure about what singlet yet…

The STATS:
9 miles

1:22 total running
Av 9:06/mile!

Mile1: 9:23
Mile2: 9:24
Mile3: 9:15
Mile4: 8:44 took GU
Mile5: 9:15
Mile6: 9:14
Mile7: 8:46 almost done...
Mile8: 9:31 ...but not quite!
Mile9: 8:51

Heart-rate: 182 av/198 max
Weather: 100% humidity. Warm, upper 60’s.

7 Comments:

  • I ran at memorial on Wednesday hoping to see some PIMsters.No Luck.I'm not even sure they meet there any more.
    I did join PIM for the spring but I'm not sure how PIM will be, now that Lisa and Pam are not running things.
    Strider Mark.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Feb 23, 12:54:00 PM  

  • Mark,

    The week before PIM is always clumsy because the coaches meet offsite at 7pm. There were some folks running about 6pm.

    Steeeve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Feb 23, 01:35:00 PM  

  • Strider Cassie is likely not doing PIM now. Hoping for an alternative :)

    By Blogger Tiggs, at Thu Feb 23, 02:43:00 PM  

  • I hear there is a free program on Wednesday nights, assuming you belong to the Striders.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Feb 23, 03:59:00 PM  

  • Dang, I I don't think I will be able to keep up with you at the Bayou City Classic if you are going to keep these splits up...

    By Blogger Woodlands Runner, at Thu Feb 23, 04:00:00 PM  

  • I'll see you tomorrow at the RodeoRun!

    By Blogger jen, at Fri Feb 24, 03:28:00 PM  

  • Looks like you PR'd at the Rodeo Run, congratulations! Sorry to have missed congratulating you in person today. Next time.

    By Blogger Crosstrain, at Sat Feb 25, 05:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home