Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, February 03, 2006

2/2/06: SMARTie workout at TH Park!

Since I was on the Westside of town on a particularly fabulous Thursday evening, I knew I had no choice but to join the SMARTies in a 7 mile run at Terry Hershey park…I opted for an ‘easy’ 4 miles, since the workout we did accommodated it easily and my legs just didn’t feel up to 7 miles. In particular, my righ Achilles tendon was sore from doing weights at the gym the other day. I’m dumb for doing leg weights anyhow (i honestly don't need them!), and now that I have learned my lesson-no more leg weights!

Anyhow, Coach Steeeve and I chatted for quite a while and I also got to run with Strider Jim and talk about being lactose intolerant and other random diet-kinda things. I also got to talk to Strider John who was going to run the Mardi Gras marathon this upcoming weekend…(sidenote: he finished under 5:00 hours!) All-in-all, a great fun run and the dinner and social hour at Barry’s pizza afterwards was awesome—good beverage, friends and times!

The STATS:

4 miles

34:25 total running

av 8:36/mile

17:34 first 2 miles
17:27 last 2 miles

Heart-rate: 178 av/193 max
Weather: low 60’s, nice breeze, low humidity too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home