Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, February 13, 2006

2/12/06: 8 Miles Around Briargrove/Tanglewood!

I was determined to recover from last’s week ‘blah factor’ and kick this week into a new high gear. It’s kind of unfortuate that I have to cram my normal 4 days of training into 3 since I will be going to San Antonio Thursday-Sunday, but it is all good.

Anyhow, I knew one of the easiest ways to motivate me into this week was changing my normal LDR route…so rather then run at boring ‘ole Memorial Park, I chose to run in my neighborhood of Briargrove and then around the edge of Tanglewood right as the sun was setting-it was breathtaking, to say the least. The fresh air, the colors of the sky, pretty homes...

Honestly, other then a little bit of traffic on Fountain View and having a hard time finding a water hose to drink out of, this run was totally fun. The weather was just right for a short-sleeve shirt and I knew that I was just going ‘to run’ and not worry about mileage/how fast I was going. I figure I probably averaged about a 10:00/mile anyhow.

The only bad thing about running around this area is lack of asfault surfaces, in other words, just running strictly on concrete. My knees took a pretty bad beating, so this isn’t a run I plan to do more then once a month for a scenery change. Then again, most road races are on concrete and I think I am just spoiled by running on granite all the time. Looking ahead: two other runs this week, although they will probably both be at the gym, ah well.

The STATS:

8 miles
1:20 total running

Heart-rate: 175 ave/199 max
Weather: breezy. Upper 50’s.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home