Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, January 09, 2006

1/7/06: 10 Miles with Jon and the SMARTies through River Oaks!

Even though I was running 5 minutes late this morning (I slept really horrible so I was somewhat of a wreck, which only leads me to believe this whole upcoming week maybe supsect on sleep quality…), I got in an very pleasant 10 miles (okay, 9.5 miles, JON!-I told you we should have done that .5 of a loop!) at a very relaxed pace for me. In fact, the only reason why I ever looked at my watch was because I needed to cut the run short and be somewhere by 9am, and sure enough, I made it happen).

The only bummer about the whole run was tiring Jon out on the 2.9 mile Memorial loop (lol-just kidding Jon, my intentions were not to go out sooo fast that early:)) and my dumb right leg bothering me. That same arch was bugging me and then my right hamstring started bugging me. I wonder if the age of my shoes/inserts is part of the problem too. (My shoes will have 345 miles before the Half, and my inserts are almost a year old). Maybe I should shop for new stuff at the Expo (well, not use them though! Just buy them at those awesome expo prices). Hmm.

Overall, a great run and I have two more 3 miles run (one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday) and then lots of pasta (and sleep, hopefully) at the end of the week. I’m ready, that’s all there is left to say. BRING IT!

The STATS:
9.5 miles

1:38:40 total running
ave 10:18/mile

Heart-rate: n/a (couldn’t find it, lol)
Weather: 34 degrees at 6:35am.

4 Comments:

  • oooh very exciting. good job on the getting out the door even though you're late thing. i'm not so good at that.

    rock it this weekend girl. (i know you will!)

    By Blogger a.maria, at Mon Jan 09, 10:08:00 AM  

  • Well Jessica, the time is drawing near. You've worked your butt off, and now it's time for the big show. Sounds to me like you're ready.

    Good luck on getting sleep and pasta.

    See ya Sunday!

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam, at Tue Jan 10, 09:07:00 AM  

  • Yay! Only 5 more days! You're going to do great - I can't wait to see your awesome results. See you on Friday!

    By Blogger jen, at Tue Jan 10, 11:43:00 AM  

  • Wish you lots of luck this weekend! I'm finally getting excited about mine...mostly to see my college frens and family.
    I'm be glad just to get the halfer out of the way for now.

    By Blogger psbowe, at Tue Jan 10, 03:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home