Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, January 30, 2006

1/29/06: Exciting Times at the Memorial Park Loop.

Okay, not really, but there was hardly anyone there at the Park so it was kind of nice. After not getting to run with my brother in Huntsville (home of the Rocky Racoon 50 and 100 Miler this weekend) due to being a little lazy, I needed to take advantage of the awesome weather outside. The humidity was so low tonight and the breeze was so nice and cool—it was perfect running weather. In fact, I was so relaxed and eager for a long run to jump-start the week. Overall, I was happy with how this run felt and I was able to keep a nice even pace without really needing to look at my watch. Of course, the last mile I cut loose and ran hard for good measure.

The STATS:
6 miles

56.22 total running
av 9:23/mile

Mile1: 9:48
Mile2: 9:32
Mile3: 9:22
Mile4: 9:21
Mile5: 9:27
Mile6: 8:50

Heart-rate: 175 ave, 191 max.
Weather: mid 60’s, low humidity.

1 Comments:

  • No....no more posts about all the nice weather in Houston! I'm stuck in New Jersey where it's really cold and they keep talking about how great the weather is because they're not covered up in snow and ice!

    Sounds like you had a great run, and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing you outrun the guy on the treadmill next to you too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Feb 01, 07:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home