Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, January 26, 2006

1/25/06: Treadmill Run #294832895782457.

After a good 45 minutes of weights, I was ready to run. I really dislike combining two workouts together, for example: speedwork and long distance (what I did sometimes after SMART) or cardio and strength (aka, TONIGHT). Right away, I could tell my legs were heavier then normal and my arms, which got the largest pounding from the static weights, were like lead. Oh well, I tried to make the most of it. The positive of the situation though was that I wasn’t sore AT ALL from my run last night! Sweet, the stretching paid off! I felt slow and sluggish but after about a mile and a half, I felt the life come back to my legs. I ended up finishing the run strong and felt I could run another mile or so, but it was getting late and I needed to get home to bed.

In other running related news, I can’t do the Park to Park 5 Miler. I will be on the lookout for a Houston-area race in Feb. longer then a 5k (but shorter then a Half Marathon!) If you know of one, let me know. If anything, I will do RTW since I love getting back to nature every once in a while and you can’t beat a $1 race!) POSTSCRIPT: Can't do RTW either...scheduling conflicts! RATS! Also, I added some pictures back in November to this blog and they never loaded. Look for more pics to be forthcoming…Up next: Friday night 4 miles at the gym (again! I know) with another good ab workout AFTERWARDS, lol.

The STATS:

4 miles
44.05 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home