Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, January 21, 2006

1/20/06: My First Run Since the Half!

This past week has totally been insane in terms of stress at work and in my personal life, so I haven’t been running much. Nor, have I really WANTED to run, due to my hamstring, (the same dumb right one that has been bothering me the last 2 months or so) as it didn’t even feel human again until Wednesday after lots of stretching, using The Stick, and not walking around a whole lot. Not THE right thing to do, I know, I should have forced myself to at least go walk briskly for a mile or something after race day. (Actually, does window shopping at the mall count?!)

The high from the actual race didn’t last as long as I thought it would, I certainly showed off my medal Monday and told all my co-workers and friends about it, but then Tuesday hit me and I felt so tired and had no enthusiasm for anything...I think I will write this off as just plain fatigue from the actual race. In fact, the whole week after the race was like this…ughhh. I didn’t eat much (I actually lost 3 pounds) and the only days I thought about running were towards the end of the week…it was sooo odd to not be running/training for anything!

So Friday, before I decided to go out of town to Austin (to visit some friends and clear my head), my legs were aching for some running action and the weather was just perfect. I didn’t have enough time to go the Park though so I just went to the dumb gym. My legs were back and ready for business, that’s for sure. I ran 3.5 of the most ‘springy’ miles I think I have ever ran in my life. I wanted to run…forever. Unfortunetely, I needed to get going and I really tried to focus on a correct form, which is more difficult then I ever thought possible (especially working on it by my own). See blog entry below from 1/14/06 for more info about my gait anaylsis). I felt like I made a little progress though, but it will be a long journey, that’s for sure...

The STATS:

3.5 miles
36.30 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home