Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, January 12, 2006

1/11/06: Dumb 24 hour fitness run…

Had to get my mileage for the week…I ended up doing a ‘last minute’ treadmill run to use a recovery as well as break in my new Super Feet inserts as my old ones were destined for the dumpster sometime last week. What a difference they make, especially in my arches (I have really high arches that cause me to overpronate quite a bit). I can tell I still need new shoes but I will have to scope out the expo and see what type of specials they have there…my shoes will make it through the Half, that I am sure of.

Another reason why I am glad I am canceling my gym membership-the people that work there are DUMB (for the most part)! I asked to buy a carb drink the other day and the desk girl didn’t have the key to get into the cooler-come one now! Then the time before that I asked her if she could look up when my membership expired, no she didn’t know how to do that either. *Sigh*, oh well.

To end a positive note, I am eager to start getting more into heart-rate based training using my Polar S210 in 2006. (although I wish I had the cooler RS200!) I have had this watch a year now and I finally want to dive into the advanced features and train using the percentages of my targeted heart rate…I hope to slowly get into this starting next week…I know I should probably buy the heart rate training book that is floating around but I will mostly use Polar’s information to get me started and see where it goes from there. Again, if you have any advice, feel free to email me or leave me a message here!

The STATS:

3 miles
32.30 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home