Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, December 08, 2005

12/7/05: Another recovery run at the Gym!

Another run at the gym…I pushed the speed a little tonight to see how my recovery from Sunday is going…not too bad. Still some general soreness in my lower legs but nothing that is keeping me from running like normal. I tried to really focus on my form and breathing, as standing up as tall as possible when I run makes the biggest difference in the fatigue level in my legs…

In other running related news, the Houston Striders holiday party was last night. It was a great time, got to meet up with some old Strider friends: Jeff Sharp, Nancy, John D. as well as some blogging friends, Cassie and Jen. The most fun was sipping down a bottle of wine with fellow SMARTies Aimee and Heather. Amalihia sat at a different table so we really didn’t get to chat with her. I also won a door prize (and so did Cassie but she was already gone so she didn’t get it!) and gave it to Aimee since she said she never wins anything. The best part of the night was talking with Strider Carlos, who had a heart-to-heart with me about marathon training and running Boston…more on this to come! Overall, a great time and I am really glad I went and listened to Coach Steeeve again:).

The STATS:

4 miles
44:30 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home