Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, December 29, 2005

12/28/05: 4 Mile Recovery Run in Vegas.

Since I didn't have enough fun (!) on my last run through tract-home-hell, i made another go at it. And I decided to do this one at night, where the desert temp's normally dip into the 40's almost year-around. It was great weather, I didn't even wear gloves or long-sleeves so it was very comfortable. I made this jaunt through a neighborhood that I had observed earlier that had running (paved) trails running through the subdivision. Very pretty actually, but I will have to agree with Rick that why does everyone insist on paving very nice trails that would be perfect as dirt? Of course, my guess would be that when it rains in Vegas, it FLOODS. And then there would be no running trail as it would get washed away. Ah well, granite would have been nice (but expensive, but hey, most of these 'small homes' start at $350,000!)

Again, glad I don't live in Vegas. (No offense if you live there though, just not my bag of ice).

The STATS:
4 miles
40:05 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: upper 40's, cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home