Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, December 24, 2005

12/23/05: A short 3.5 Mile Run Near my Home.

Since today was my first day of my vacation, I decided to sleep in and run some errands mid-afternoon. I also knew I needed to get in a short run to finish off the week before I left for Las Vegas the following week. Little did I know that the weather was going to be in the mid-60's and HUMID! by 9am! Ohhh what a mess. But, I figured one thing-if the run didn't make me pass out, it would certainly make me stronger.

And it did. I tried to hydrate well before the fact and enjoy the cool breeze as I started my run. Not so bad. However, once my body was warmed-up, I could feel the sweat coming. By the time I had ran about 1.5 miles, I was starting to burn up already. Oh course, I was wearing a BLACK Under Armour shirt, but it was the Heat Gear, so it helped keep me a little cool. By the time I was finishing the run, I was feeling pretty bad. Nothing that 20 oz. of orange Gatorade and a cooldown walk to go shopping (for myself, lol) couldn't fix.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

The STATS:
ave 9:56/mile (SO slow!)

3.5miles
34:47 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm, upper 60’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home