Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, December 18, 2005

12/14/05: Yes, I am Still Running, lol...

After the 14 mile run from HELL on Sunday, I'm back and somewhat on the saddle. I was sore for about two days and I basically did a lot of stretching and ice and walking around to get the lactic acid out. NOT FUN!!! I hope I never feel this way again, although I can only imagine that anyone who has run a marathon knows what kind of pain I was in…I even had a hard time sitting down!

Tonight was the Strider’s Christmas Lights run-a 4 mile run that tours the Uptown/Tanglewood area of Houston and all of its glory. Honestly, not a lot of really pretty lights this year, but the run was fun anyhow and it was nice to see some of the Terry Hershey SMARTies…afterwards we all had a few beverages and did the usual trash talking…It was nice to see Jackie Connelly again as well as Jose, John and Lee.

The STATS:
4 miles (John said it was more like 4.75 miles)
43:18 total running (with negative splits due to rain)

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool. 40’s. wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home