Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, December 02, 2005

11/29/05: SMARTie hills at Jackson Hill!

Although still icy outside, there was a very nice contingency that showed up for this run: Striders Aimee, Lynlee, Loren, Barry, Mark, Amalehia, Heather and I, as well as few more I have forgotten. I guess there is something about cooler, more ideal running conditions that force everyone out in droves:) Although it was a very DARK workout, everyone got a full fill of hill repeats: Jackson Hill Repeats-2 long hills and 2 short hills with a short recovery before repeating.

Since I am running the Pearland 10 Miler on Saturday, I took it easy and only did about 4 1/2 repeats, or about 18:34 minutes of hills. Loren and I ran together, as a matter of fact, as it isn't super safe to be running alone by the bayou when it is that dark. It was fun to have someone to talk with during a challenging workout too, although this workout isn't nearly as tough as it use to be (when it was 80-90 degrees outside!). I feel good for Saturday, I just need to continue to take it easy the rest of the week...especially if it's going to be in upwards of 70 degrees on Saturday! :(
The STATS:

5 miles
53:54 total running

16:37 wu
18:34 hills
12:35 cd

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: upper 40's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home