Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, November 10, 2005

11/9/05: Treadmill Fun at Midnight!

I absolutely did NOT want to run tonight…I ate a late dinner and was tired from the previous day. My body is still recovering from Monday’s run, as well. It took all the strength I had to drag myself the mile to the gym. I didn’t make it out the door until 11:15pm! Ekkk.

I did it though, 4 SLOOOW miles. (well, it seemed slow in comparison to my last few weeks of running). But at the same time, it felt great. To sweat, to focus on my form, to feel every muscle in my leg wanting more…it was a good run. Unfortuently, I didn’t get home til after midnight and not in bed til after 1! Oh, it was sooo tough to get up this morning. Tonight is a 5 mile run…I’m thinking about running a fast 5k and taking the last 2 miles to cool down. Not too sure. Then I need to squeeze in one more 3 mile run before Sunday…

Not sure at this point what my goal for the race Sunday is going to be either. 8.4k is a weird and odd length-a little over 5 miles. I know I can run it quicker then a 9:22/mile, but maybe I should try to finish it with a 9:00/mile or quicker? Can I maintain that pace for 5 miles? I know I can do it for 3 miles…Actually, to be honest, it’s all going to depend on the weather. If it stays warm like it has been, I can kiss a nice PR goodbye. At this point, I am just eager to enjoy the weekend and have a fun run on Sunday! No stress!

The STATS:
4 miles

42:15 total running
ave 10:33/mile

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home