Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, November 28, 2005

11/26/05: Another Hilly Run (With No Running Partners This Time)

Although I didn’t want to run the same route (essentially) twice, I didn’t have any internet access to G-Map another route so I just stuck to the route I already planned. Believe me, I didn’t want to run by those houses with the dogs again. Somehow though, I had a stroke of luck and the dogs were nowhere to be seen today. Or could it have been the fact it had just gotten done raining, and it was noon so it was too miserable to be outside?

Unless your ME. After a late dinner of my mom’s Mexican food (I know, I know, I am a glutton for punishment BUT IT WAS SOOO GOOD!) my stomach hurt soooo bad. Still, I had to get the miles in. Although I hadn’t planned to run when I had (the hottest part of the day with 100% humidity), at least I did it. I mean, I as a runner can’t be picky ALL the time. After all, I race in all conditions. Why should I just try to train in ‘ideal’ conditions? So I went and did it.

3 miles, my stomach hurting the whole way, the humidity sucking, and my breathing was out of control. I don’t know how I made it through this run without walking. I guess what mattered is ‘Mind Over Matter’ and I kept trucking no matter what. Overall, I was pleased with my average mile (only 11 seconds slower then Thursday’s effort) so at least I didn’t totally throw this run away. And of course, not having dogs running with me helped!

The STATS:
3 miles


28:37 total running

ave 9:32/mile

Heart-rate: 181 ave/227 max (eek!)

Weather: 100% humidity, upper 50’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home