Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, November 12, 2005

11/10/05: Thursday Night Speedwork, No Fun…

Today was not a good day for me for numerous reasons. But, rather then shrugging it off and letting it go, I brought it with me when I went running. Usually when I bring some aggression with me running, I usually let it go after a mile or so. However, I just couldn’t shake the horrible feelings and negative energy I had. Although it did help my time, I felt horrible the entire time I was running. I was mad at myself and everyone and everything else--I was a mess. And on top of that, I got some really bad blistering so I was extra mad at myself for not using the BodyGlide I brought with me!

Ah well. I still feel good about Sunday. I can do this. I just need to learn to relax and stop stressing. The stress is going to get to me before the humidity will.

The STATS:
5 miles

1 mile WU: 13:30
5k: 28:16 (ave 9:05/mile)
1 mile CD: 10:54

Heart-rate: 174/ave 195/max
Weather: 80% humidity, upper 70’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home