Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, October 08, 2005

10/6/05: Recovery Thursday and a Non-Smart Workout…

Since Strider Heather and Amy were the only ones that showed up for SMART today (and they run quite a bit faster then me), I decided to get in 5 miles by myself…got a nice 2 mile warmup around the 400m blacktop track (what I wouldn’t give for a bouncy track sometime!) and then did a loop (3 miles) around the Park…I wasn't in the mood to do a 1 mile trial run like I was suppose do (next week!) but I guess I was in a bad mood because of the dumb mosquitos and how slow I felt I was running, but when I saw the MPR guys I had to relax and laugh as I stretched and left the park.

The STATS:
5 miles
53:57 total running

Average pace: 10:47/mile
2 mile warmup: 20 minutes
3 mile loop: 33 minutes

Heart-rate: 163 ave 227 max
Weather: mid 80’s. 40% humidity.