Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

10/4/05: A Loop Around the Park…Because I missed the Practice X-C race!

Because I got to the Ho Chi Min trails a ‘few’ minutes too late for a 6:00pm race start time (that Run Sport sponsors in preparations for the Bayou Cross Country Race Series they do in the Spring), I decided to haul my mad butt over the Park loop and get in a ‘quick’ 3 mile run before I went home. Only it wasn’t too quick since I was still super sore from the previous night’s run. Ahhh well. I am definetly leaving work early next Monday so I can make sure and make it in time…I guess a look on the bright side is that my body wouldn’t have been very happy with that cross country run anyhow in the shape it was in...

I stopped by though as people were finishing to say hello and chat with Strider Barry. He was my PIM coach this past Spring and I meant to ask him how PIM was going since I believe he said he was coaching again. I was waiting to cheer for my fellow SMARTies as they finished but I didn’t really see anyone I knew so maybe I wasn’t the only one that didn’t make it out this week. Strider Chip didn’t make it either since he’s in Chicago this week. Hopefully I get to see his girl friend, Abbey, again sometime soon. She was one of my training partners at PIM and a great runner who suffers from ACL problem I think. The last time I saw her was at the Astros race in May, where the humidity killed us both and caused me my slowest 5k time yet.

Well, better times are ahead for me. I just signed up myself and Houston Fitter Stacie Pyle for the 10k relay next weekend….out team name: S&J, Inc. Her goal is to not walk once during the 10k. Mine is to finish in under an hour. Hopefully the weather plays out nicely! Let’s hope, anyhow!

The STATS:

3 miles
31:20 total running
Average pace: 10:26/mile

Mile1: 10:46
Mile2: 10:08
Mile3: 10:24

Heart-rate: 158 ave 174 max
Weather: upper 80’s. 60% humidity.

3 Comments:

  • I'm volunteering at the 20K. I think Andrea put me and the kids at the soday fountain, serving Pepsi. Come by and see me after or before the race. Take it easy and tell Wes hello.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Thu Oct 06, 12:13:00 AM  

  • Ageed on the Mexican food!! I'm parnoid on what I eat the night before a race! I'll going to be at the 20K myself, not sure what I'll be wearing but I'll look for ya'll. Good Luck!

    By Blogger Steve Bezner, at Thu Oct 06, 11:20:00 AM  

  • Sarah and I are signed up- we're Tha Blogstas!!

    By Blogger Tiggs, at Thu Oct 06, 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home