Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

10/3/05: 11 Mile Torture Session AKA the Longest Run Ever…

Since I enjoyed the Astros game WAYYY to much on Sunday and I wasn’t feeling my best to begin with, I missed out on the 10 Miler that seemed to give everybody a headache early Sunday morning. Also, for some reason, my left Achilles tendon was sore from either my new shoes or me twisting my ankle at some point Saturday. I then decided to get in my long run Monday night, knowing that when I do my long runs during the week, I am overally tired the rest of the week and cranky. Oh well, I guess being tired to me is more important than not running at this point in my life!

But, before I even describe the actual run, I should mention 3 big things that factored into making this a 'horrible run': #1: I ran in my old (dead) shoes because I didn’t want to run all those miles in the new shoes yet. #2: I can never eat Mexican food AT LEAST 24 hours before a long run. #3: Drinking 30oz. of caffeine in the AM isn’t a good way to hydrate myself after a weekend of little water consumption….

Well, needless to say, the first 5 miles were fine. It wasn’t until mile 6 where I started to get stomach cramps that caused me to stop every 2 miles. I would have to sit down, get eaten by the dumb mosquitos a dozen times and repeat this over and over until I finished my run…although my actual running page (10:32/mile) wasn’t BAD, but I just felt terrible and no amount of water or new shoes could have helped me. Oh well, I always learn my lessons the hard way. BUT!! Two things to look forward to this week are cooler weather and a 9 mile (it’s a recovery week!) run on Sunday. Argh for runs like this. I get this feeling I am going to be grumpy all week now…

The STATS:

11 miles
1:55 hour total running
Average pace: 10:32/mile

Mile1: 10:25
Mile2: 10:23
Mile3: 9:21 .9mile
Mile4: 10:34
Mile5: 11:09
Mile6: 9:47 .9 mile
Mile7: 10:49
Mile8: 11:31
Mile9: 10:20
Mile10: 11:10
Mile11: 10:50

Heart-rate: 164 ave 215 max
Weather: upper 80’s. 50% humidity.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home