Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

9/3/05: Nice Saturday AFTERNOON Recovery Run!

This run finished off my first OFFICAL 20 mile week of my half-marathon training! A running milestone! Next milestone-the 10 mile run. (ekkk, I think I have one scheduled before the end of September!!) With cooler weather finally on the horizon, the weather today was ‘just right’ and I found myself strapping on my running shoes at 1 in the afternoon (which I haven’t ran this late in the morning/early afternoon since March!) It was fun, I ran a 3.1 mile route (which I bookmarked on G-MAPS and will have to link to later this evening at home) which I figured out and ran RIGHT by my house. Yes, it can sometimes be safe to run in the city and it’s nice to not have to gas up my car to run sometimes. Anyhow, although the run includes a double loop of an apartment complex, it’s a really pretty route and there are other walkers and runners that frequent it (but don’t clog it up, at least not on the street where I run) so it’s pretty peaceful too.

Anyhow, I sure got my heart going though, and I wonder if it’s because the sun starting coming up and the temperature starting going up pretty quick before I finished my run. The first 20 minutes of running were fine, but the last 13 minutes almost killed me, even with my fuel belt and orange Gatorade. I felt really overheated and heavy. Ah well, still a good, fun run although not my fastest 5k run.

The STATS:
3.1 miles
33.33 minutes (no mile splits)

Heart-rate: 176 ave, 211 max
Weather: Upper 80’s, overcast, nice breeze, 60% humidity

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home