Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, September 18, 2005

9/15/05: Memorial Park SMART Run and Prepping for Saturday.

Today’s run was pretty decent considering there were only 4 of us at SMART for some reason. (I guess I can’t really say anything though since I am going to miss next Thursday due to teaching). We did Special Strength Training tonight…and I don’t know what was worst—the dorsal flexor excersise or the Texas-size mosquitos. Ah well, I still got through it and then got in a healthy 5 mile run around the Park. Today was also the first time I have ever found other runners running my pace at the Park-so I stuck behind two different girls for 2 miles and pulled off a 10:10 mile and a 10:27 mile splits. Not one my ‘better’ training run times, but my legs were a little stiff and tired from the SStraining.

The STATS:6 total miles

1:03 total running

Mile1: 11:03 warmup

Mile2: 10:40

Mile3: 10:10

Mile4: 10:27

Mile5: 9:59 (was this mile short, I don’t think so…)
Mile6: 10:46

Heart-rate: 168 ave 183 max

Weather: 80’s. humid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home