Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, September 16, 2005

9/13/05: Another 24 Hour Fitness Fun Run…

After the Strider’s meeting tonight (and staying away from the meat at the buffet) I managed to drag myself to the gym to get in a nice block of 5 miles. I really wanted to run at the Park because it was sooo nice and breezy outside, but it was already close to 9pm and I like to wrap up most of my runs at that time, not start them. The gym isn’t soo bad (although I make it seem that way all the time by whining about it!), but I just enjoy running outside sooo much more.

Anyhow, my legs felt pretty slow and sluggish after 9/12’s run…but that was to be expected I think. My last mile, although not reflected in my time, felt strong and fast. I can tell my body is getting stronger overall, actually. I was flipping through my running journal and have been comparing my times now to my times from a few months ago (I started the journal in March). My first 5 mile run took me 54:60 to complete, and tonight’s run took me 54:30 (and that was with tired legs). The other day I wiped through 5 miles in 50:38…so I can tell the diminishing times are corresponding with the fact I am getting stronger-cool!

The STATS:
5 total miles
54:30 total running

Mile1: 10:54
Mile2: 10:42
Mile3: 10:54
Mile4: 11:06
Mile5: 10:54

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home