Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, September 12, 2005

9/10/05: Treadmill fun…part 3.

This run finished my second 20+ mile week in a row! Although I haven’t felt that I have ran ‘my best’ this week, I feel like I really pulled through (running 4 days straight in a row isn’t always the smartest thing to do) and finished strong. Tonight’s run was no exception. I actually ran two 10:00 minute miles (back to back) and felt perfectly at ease with them. Hopefully this translates into strong and happy legs outside as I attempt to tackle SMART/9 miles tonight.

In other related running news, looking forward to the Marathon Party in the Park tonight (I will be there with my camera) and will write about it in tomorrow’s blog…hope to see some of my fellow Bloggers as well as maybe some new faces as a lot of Houston’s best runners will converge for 2 hours (5-7pm) for the OFFICIAL start of Marathon Season!!!! Woohoo!

The STATS:
5 miles

Mile1: 10:20
Mile2: 10:09
Mile3: 10:00
Mile4: 10:00
Mile5: 10:09

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c rocks.

3 Comments:

  • I'm soooooo bummed. I totally forgot about the Marathon party. I so wanted to go. Now knowing you were there along with (probably) a bunch of other bloggers/Striders/friends makes forgetting just that much worse. Give me a good report w/ pics please.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Mon Sep 12, 07:38:00 PM  

  • crapola- since i'm not running Houston I forgot about it. grump.

    By Blogger Tiggs, at Tue Sep 13, 01:18:00 PM  

  • Two 20 mile weeks in a row... now you're just showing off. I guess I'll get to show off soon, too.

    By Blogger El Oso Furioso, at Tue Sep 13, 03:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home