Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

8/7/05: Getting in some late night miles, at a high cost though…

After a late night on Saturday, the earliest I could make it out to run was 10:30pm Sunday night. Yikes, on any other day, I am already in bed. But I needed to get some miles in for the week, as I knew this week is going to be crazy for me due to me going out of town from Thursday to Sunday *yes, I know I should bring my shoes with me.* Anyhow, I went to the 24 hour fitness right by my house (under a mile to get there, so it’s usually a 10 minute walk) and hit the treadmill. I didn’t feel my ‘health’ best (which should have been warning sign #1) and I wasen’t really paying attention to my running (warning sign #2, was watching the new Miami Ink reality series). AND ON TOP of those two things, I didn’t really stretch well so by the time I hit mile 5.5, I had to force myself to walk for a mile and a half. I did something wrong to my left ankle. Not sure what, it feels like I tweeked it. I’ve been icing and stretching it and so far but I still feel nothing but a sharp pain. Damn, like I need a setback right now, with Marathon season in full swing. I guess, like Houston Strider runner Helen Grant said in this month’s edition of the Strider newsletter, there is never a bad run, but always an expierence…so maybe going out of town this weekend (although I will be on my feet A LOT) is going to be great for me…and I just have to remember that I can’t wear my (flip) flops much either…gotta save my feet:) hopefully I make it out to the PIM run Wednesday, we’ll see how it goes, if anything, I can go walk 3 miles.

Staying Positive with Lots of other things in related running news:

My article about my first 10k got published in this month’s Houston Strider newsletter! Woohoo, and I hope I didn’t sound too verbose (or even boring!) in my report. Also, tonight is my first Strider’s meeting so I am a little nervous about meeting a lot of new faces…I’m sure I’ll be fine though and I’ll make sure to write about it:) Other then that, I’m eager to start to keep my eyes open for a sale on my favorite running shoe in the whole world: the Brooks Adrenline GT5’s as mine are slightly over 250 miles and I think my babies are on their last legs, haha…and this would explain the pain that *could be* the start of patellofemoral syndrome. Yuck…

The Stats:
1:38 total time
8 miles

Mile 1: 11:51Mile 2: 11:10
Mile 3: 11:47
Mile 4: 11:53
Mile 5: 11:21
Mile 6: 13:08 (walked half a mile)
Mile 7: 14:23 (walked entire mile)
Mile 8: 11:17

HEART RATE: n/a
WEATHER: a/c (my favorite)

4 Comments:

  • Great post. I got to yours through Houston Running. :) I like the detailed description of your runs and training. Pretty cool stuff.

    Keep up the great work, and stay healthy. Hope that ankle gets better.

    By Blogger Sam, at Thu Aug 11, 11:39:00 AM  

  • Hi Jessica-
    Nice posting.. I found you because you'd found me! I'm Lisaleese and I see you'd linked to my blog page. I have now linked to yours. Thanks, and happy running...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Aug 12, 09:30:00 AM  

  • Hey, Jessica. Vic Kaiser here. Thanks for sharing your workouts. If you don't mind, I'm linking to your blog on my new blog. I'm a fellow Houston Strider so hope to see you soon. Are you doing PIM in the Fall?

    By Blogger Unknown, at Sat Aug 13, 12:14:00 AM  

  • Vic and others-

    Certainly feel free to link to me:) let me know as well so i can check out your page!
    -Jessica

    By Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete, at Mon Aug 15, 12:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home