Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

8/30/05: SMART training and my long run for the week.

Since I totally tired myself out last week with 5 days (that’s a new record for me I think) of running, I think I decided to take this week easy (although technically, according to the SMART schedule) LAST week was so suppose to be my easy/recovery week…anyhow, it all still works out. Brett led the full Smarties in 180/180’s and Diane led the half/lite Smarties in 30/30’s. I don’t know why, but I didn’t feel like I pushed myself enough on those so I decided after my 30/30’s, to run a few more miles. I finished with a hearty 3 mile mile run (at close to 5k pace and not even feeling tired!), putting my mileage for the workout to 6 miles. Not exactly the long run I wanted to get in for the week, but every mile felt invigorating and strong. For some reason, ever since the race on Saturday, I have been feeling SOOO strong! And not to mention, fast. For me to hurl off 9:30 and 9:40 miles at the end of a workout, is really an improvement from where I started tracking my training in March. And it helps that it is going to start getting cooler. I am looking forward to my next 5k (Dec 10) to see how the speedwork and SMART (and my hard work) pays off!


The STATS:
6 miles

Mile1: 10:51 warmup
Mile1-2.5: 13.06 (speedwork)
Mile2.5-3: 5.10 cooldown
Mile3-6: 29.28 (I should have just finished off the extra .10 of a mile!)

Heart Rate: 177 ave, 186 max
Weather: upper 90’s, mid 40’s humidity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home