Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, August 26, 2005

8/25/05: SST Training with the SMARTies…OUCH.

Last night’s workout certainly hit me pretty hard. I started feeling the effects of it right away when I could not fall asleep this morning (maybe the two coffees I had didn’t help either!) My legs we excited and achy until way past my usual bedtime. It almost would have been a nice thing had I had today off…Despite the fact I only ran 2 miles (as a warmup/cooldown), this new workout wore me out enough to where my legs are in no mood to do a 5K tomorrow morning. I am thinking I might go buy a few bags of 10lb dollar-ice bags and add them to my bath water tonight to see if it helps with the pain at all. If my legs feel this bad tomorrow morning, there is no way I am running until AT LEAST Sunday night…

I did talk to “Mr. Steve” about my running aches and pains the other day at the PIM run and he told me I just have the ‘new runner blues’ where different parts of my body are going to feel bad at different times in my training. He assured me I was normal and I am going to pull through the pains strongly. It one of the most encouraging conversations I have had with my running thus far—

Sometimes a little assurance goes a long way.


The STATS:
2 miles (SO SLOW TONIGHT!)

Mile1: 12:47
Mile2: 12:00

Heart Rate: 161 AVE/179 MAX
Weather: Gross. Mosquitos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home