Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, August 01, 2005

7/31/05: A Nice Little Run in the Park

Today was my long run for the week, and it felt great to finally run more than 5 miles at a time again. I decided only to run 7 miles miles, as to not overdo it since my mileage has been on the low side the last few weeks. I think I honestly could have ran another 2-3 miles. I really wanted to run the Polo Loop that we ran on Wednesday (and add in an extra two miles by running around the park loop, but there was a train stopped on the tracks and I didn’t want to have to crawl over a potentially moving train…Towards the end of my run I felt such a great energy-I was passing people running my pace (and a little faster) and leaving them in my dust, lol. Actually now that I think of it I am sure I was running faster at the end as I was anticipating the cold shower at the stretching deck at Memorial Park or the ice cold orange Gatorade I had waiting in my car:)

In other running news, I submitted a story about my first 10k to the Houston Striders newsletter with hopes it will get published. I’m not sure if it totally follows the style of the newsletter, but I really tried my best to capture the essence of the race. Looking forward to my next 10k, although I am pretty sure it won’t be til the Bayou City Classic 10k in March of ’06.

The Stats:
Mile 1: 10:42
Mile 2: 10:48
Mile 3: 10:29
Mile 4: 9:45 (Speedwork here and ran by Stider and former PIM coach Barry)
Mile 5: 11:00 (Slow recovery, ouch!)
Mile 6: 10:45
Mile 7: 8:53 (Nice negative split to end the run on!)

TOTAL TIME: 1.12
AVERAGE PACE: about 10:17/m
HEART RATE: 175 av, 197 max
WEATHER: About 90 degrees, maybe 60% humidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home