Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, July 28, 2005

7/27/05: Polo Club Loop with the Striders/PIMsters…

I have to admit tonight was NOT the night I should have been running. I only got three hours of sleep and my nutrition for the day left a lot to be desired…however I knew I NEEDED to get this run to get me mentally ready for SMART tomorrow. Of course, a 5.6 mile course that I have never ran wasen’t really wasen’t I expected when Steve said we were going to run ‘easy’ today. It was a nice run, don’t get me wrong. The route we ran is comprised of 1.5 miles of Memorial Park Loop, then up Memorial Drive towards 610 (HARRA just layed down some crushed granite on it this past weekend-Heaven!) and on the frontage road around to the Houston Polo Club. And then back. It was a great time, especially running with Strider Mark on the way back (thank you!) I had never seen a polo club so I was in awe at the green-ness of the grass and the rows of horse stables. Of course, I was the last runner in (and back!) so I got a rather shortened view of the club, lol. But the cold water at the end made it worth it. I look forward to running this route again, and possibly throwing in a loop or two around Memorial before I do it. I’m up for a partner sometime too if anyone is up for it…I promise I won’t slow you down, too much!

The Stats:
Mile 1: 11:10
Mile 2.5: 20:15
Mile 4: 15:43
Mile 5: 11:26
Mile 5.6: 5:08

TOTAL TIME: 1.03
AVERAGE PACE: about 11:36/m (a really slow day!)
HEART RATE: n/a
WEATHER: About 85 degrees, maybe 50 % humidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home