Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, July 21, 2005

7/20/05: The Weeky PIM/Strider's Special at Memorial Park...

And believe it or not, the ONLY time I have ran since the Lunar 5k. For some reason, due to my obnoxious travel schedule this past weekend, I have not ran since Saturday. It sucks, and I should be punished. I'll be lucky if I fit in 14 miles this week. My body is telling me it's upset by feeling achy and tired. This is NOT the week to feel this way. And add to the fact I will be out of town again this weekend. Arghh, who would have thought summer would be so crazy...

Anyhow, we did a speedwork tonight consisting of 30 second sprints with a 30 second recovery for 16 minutes. I think I was able to do about 10 repeats around the 400m track. I think that's pretty good considering that the top runners probably did about 14-16 repeats. I wasen't breaking any speed records but I certainly tried to hold my own (alone, at that).

The Stats:
ABOUT 4 miles total (Sillywalks, 1 mile warmup, 2 miles of 30 second repeats, 1 mile cool down)
TOTAL TIME: about 45 minutes
HEART RATE: 175 av 185 max (this was off tonight for some reason. my heart rate should have been higher)
WEATHER: HUMID (almost 100% due to the rainfall an hour earlier) and about 85 degrees

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home