Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, July 15, 2005

7/15/05 ,What I thought was going to be a short 2 mile run...

Turned into an hour adventure through some rather quiet and peaceful parts of the city. I decided earlier today I am going to do the Lunar Rendevous 5K tomorrow that is taking place in Clear Lake right by the Space Center. It's my birthday and it's an age-group changing year for me (25) so I figure-why the hell not. Plus I was in a good mood as I am OFFICIALLY a Houston Strider!!!!!!! Woohoo! I also enrolled in the SMART marathon training program at the same time (well I am doing SMART Lite, which is for new marathoners and the halfers. I am only doing the half this year. There is always next yr for the full!) The weather has been freak-ishly cool the last few days too and I had to get a nice run by my house as the sun was setting. The sky was simply stunning as the sun went down it was bluer then I ever remember...what a great evening. Anyhow, I'm excited about tomorrow's race and hope to PR as long as the rain stays at Bay (literally) and the heat stays away a little longer. I would like to break 29.00 minutes but I would be happy at 9:15 too. If you end up racing it, I will be wearing a singlet that says:
"It's my Birthday!"

The Stats:
ABOUT 2.4 miles total
Mile0.8: 8:16
Mile1.6: 10.00
Mile2.4: 10.16
TOTAL TIME: 28.32 minutes
HEART RATE: didn't wear
WEATHER: HUMID! but cool/breezy, around 85 degrees

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home