Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

7/11/05, another 24 hour fitness treadmill run...

I usually try to do my long runs on Sundays since I don’t usually have much time to run longer than an hour during the week…however my travel plans from this past weekend interferred with that and I couldn’t get in my long run in until tonight. And it was on the treadmill to boot…I am sure like every other runner out there, I DESPISE treadmill workouts. Usually it gives me a chance to watch the evening news and David Letterman though. Anyhow, I ran 8 miles tonight despite the tiredness I felt in my legs. Also, my right knee starting aching a little after mile 6. Strange. I am going to keep my eyes on my knee closely the next few days and treat it to lots of ice and stretching. I hope this isn’t going to be a reoccuring problem, as I am just getting over an achy right shin. Not my best run tonight, but I am trying to stick as close to the Houston SMART lite plan as possible. (3 miles easy, 3 miles half marathon pace, and 2 easy). Good times!

The Stats:
Mile1: 11:25
Mile2: 11:25
Mile3: 11:25
Mile4: 10:15
Mile5: 10:15
Mile6: 10:19
Mile7: 11:26
Mile8: 11:16 (I pushed it a little)

TOTAL TIME: about 1:28
HEART RATE: did not wear
WEATHER: A/C coolness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home